Friday, May 29, 2009

e-i-e-i-o

I'm most of the way through my second week at work. I'm living on the farm in a house with 7 other fantastic people and three cats. I have a wicked sunburn all across my lower back, but otherwise I've got a great farmer's tan coming along. We finished amending most of the rows and today we planted tomatoes. Most of the time I'm too tired after dinner to do anything but go to bed. This is really satisfying work. Ummm bedtime. I'll post something more coherent when I'm more awake.

1 comment:

Elisa Lehto said...

The girl that I teach with has a son named Roan (Row-un). One of his favorite songs is Old McDonald. You can tell when he wants to sing it because he shouts "E-I-E-I-O!!"
So when you acknowledge it and agree to sing, he knows all the words, but only wants to REALLY sing E-I-E-I-O. And he insists on picking the animals. So much so, that when you get to the end of the animal calling noises, he starts to say "E-I-E-I-O. SHEEPY!!" Just to make sure you pick the animal he'd like to sing about next.

I think his rendition of the donkey is my favorite.